What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
The therapy gives importance to changing the negative thoughts that can worsen the emotional difficulties. The negative thinking pattern might lead to anxiety, depression and stress. These thoughts have a damaging influence on the mood and quality of life of the person
What Mental Issues are Treatable with CBT?
CBT helps treat a variety of mental issues and other problems that include the following:
What are the Benefits of CBT?
Cognitive behavioural therapy aims to teach the patient a coping way for their behaviour patterns. While the patient cannot control all aspects of their life and the world around them, they can control their interpretations and ways to deal with things.
Following are the benefits of CBT
- It helps you develop and engage in a healthy and positive thinking pattern by making you aware of unrealistic and negative thoughts. It will avoid dampened moods and feelings.
- CBT is a well-known drugless treatment for anxiety as it enables you to manage your emotions, behaviour and thoughts.
- The improvement is possible in five to twenty sessions.
- It helps treat a variety of maladaptive behaviours.
- The therapy is possible online and face-to-face.
- The therapy is beneficial for patients who prefer drugless treatment.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy is scientifically proven successful in treating depression.
Effectiveness of CBT
CBT is well-known for its treatment and results. It has been shown to be effective in treating various mental conditions.
- It is an evidence-based treatment for eating disorders.
- CBT has been proven to be helpful in treating sleep-related problems such as insomnia. It also helps deal with mental health conditions that damage sleep, for example, mood disorders, depression.
- CBT has been proven scientifically in treating symptoms of depression and anxiety in adolescents and children.
- In a 2018 meta-analysis of 41 studies, CBT was found to be helpful in improving symptoms in patients with anxiety and anxiety-related disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder and PTSD.
What is Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy?
Once the patient identifies the destructive thought pattern, a therapist develops strategies to replace them with more positive and rational thought patterns.
What Mental Issues are Treatable with REBT?
REBT helps to treat the following mental conditions:
What are the Benefits of REBT?
Similarly, in sports psychology, REBT can reduce irrational beliefs that will lessen the anxiety for athletes.
REBT has several benefits as follows:
Effectiveness of REBT
REBT has presented promising results for youngsters undergoing depression. It might be because of its importance on teaching techniques such as:
- To identify cognitive errors
- Challenging irrational beliefs and thoughts
- Separating individuals from their behaviour patterns
- Practising the act of acceptance
REBT is popular as a treatment option for athletes who encounter mental health issues. It is effective in regaining and maintaining athlete’s mental health, helping them to manage their emotions. It results in an improvement in their athletic performance. The mental health of the athlete is the priority.
How can CBT help me with the past?
Why should I choose CBT?
Can REBT brainwash me?
If I learn REBT, will I no longer feel emotions?
You can reach out to us at Manpravah. We have a therapist to help you overcome your troubles at Manpravah in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Vashi and Bangalore.